Location: Lost Hills, CA
Our mission is to transform the paradigm of health and wellness in California’s Central Valley, while dramatically improving health outcomes for The Wonderful Company’s employees, their families, and the communities in which they live and work. If you are a qualified Physician Assistant (PA), you could be a part of a team that is evolving a new completely free model for world-class health and wellness that can have an immensely positive impact on the underserved and vulnerable populations we serve.
Giving back and leaving the planet better than we found it will be our legacy. To learn more about our programs and read our entire Corporate Social Responsibility report, click here.
The Physician Assistant (PA) will have a strong passion for high quality primary and preventive care, emphasizing continuity, developing lasting caring relationships with a panel of patients, maximizing prevention and health promotion strategies, and managing complex chronic medical conditions. The PA’s essential job duties include:
- Provide the full spectrum of outpatient primary care for adults and children
- Formulate a diagnosis from patient history and physical examination
- Initiates, reviews and revises treatments necessary for the well-being of the patient
- Collaborate closely with a team: one physician and four health coaches (advocates that will help patients set wellness goals, drive activation, and improve self-efficacy)
- Coordinate and help grow a network of trusted outside medical consultants, hospitalists, emergency room providers, support services, and others
- Lead or support onsite and community-based efforts that aim to drive patient engagement, access, population-based patient management, referral tracking, and clinical quality performance evaluation
- Confers with the supervising physician on cases agreed upon in the delegation contract
- Current, valid California Physician Assistant (PA)
- Valid DEA number required.
- Minimum 2-3 years of clinical experience, preferably primary care and/or occupational health.
- Proficient with technology, including MS office, tablets, smartphones, and EMR systems.
- Written and verbal fluency in Spanish required, Medical Spanish a must.
- Some evening or weekend hours may be needed to support expanded access in the future.
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption.
- Competitive benefits packing including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k, PTO, sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement program and 100% of CA accreditation fees paid
- Subsidized gym membership
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) — allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice