We’re looking for an exceptional business-focused BI Engineer to drive data-based decision making across 2U. As a BI Engineer your work will be visible, impact and drive decisions and conversations at the highest level and across the organization.
Integrating data insights across a range of business and product decisions is a top strategic priority. This is an opportunity to create tremendous value for our global learners as we build a world-class data team – individuals with high data literacy, intellectual curiosity and communication skills.
In this role, your work will have a major and highly visible impact on our mission of providing high-quality education to everyone, everywhere. Your data models will help shape decisions as 2U continues to grow and evolve.
- Partner with business stakeholders, data analysts, and data engineers to translate business concepts, product strategies, and informational needs into technical definitions and requirements
- Design, develop, deploy, and support scalable data models and marts that enable stakeholders to effectively explore, report on, and find insights in the data
- Serve as a primary liaison between the Data and University Partner teams, enabling regular and ad hoc reporting
- In close alignment with the Data Engineering teams, influence platform design, data architecture, operational norms, alerting and governance
- Contribute thoughtfully to data platform design and improvements, documentation, and best practices via DBT, Confluence and Github
- Foster relationships with peers, business stakeholders, and product engineering in order to anticipate needs and opportunities for platform enhancements
- As an SME in the data space, be a voice and advocate for data standards, integrity and quality
- Educational or professional experience with a heavy quantitative, analytical focus.
- Hands-on experience working with large data sets in data modeling, data engineering, or BI analytics
- Experience investigating applications or datasets to understand underlying data structures
- Ability to acquire and manipulate data programmatically, as demonstrated in a business environment
- Strong SQL skills and experience
- Experience working with relational databases, data warehouses and ELT solutions
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to collaborate closely with others
- Strong problem-solving skills, with a pragmatic approach to addressing challenges
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects efficiently, and proactively communicating roadblocks and recommending solutions to non-technical stakeholders