- Job Title – Product Analyst – Game Development
- Reports Into – Senior Product Manager
- Location – Remote
A Little Bit about Kwalee….
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game developers and publishers, with well over 1 billion downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Airport Security and Makeover Studio 3D. We also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join Scathe, Die by the Blade, Robobeat, Space Chef and Wildmender.
What’s In It For You?
- Profit sharing scheme – we win, you win
- Quarterly Team Building days
- Pitch and make your own games on Creative Wednesdays!
- Flexible working hours – we trust you to choose how and when you work best
- All the equipment that you need to be properly set up
Are You Up To The Challenge?
As a Product Analyst you will be responsible for optimising in-game features and design of our free to play mobile games using data-driven solutions. You will do this by analysing how players interact with our games, monitoring key performance metrics, utilising AB testing of in-game components and developing automated data visualisation dashboards. You will regularly communicate your findings to development, management and data science teams. You will work closely with our development and design team to ensure your insights are used to inform decision making, to drive the growth of our free to play mobile games.
Your Team Mates
The Product team at Kwalee takes a holistic view of the entire game – from features and launches to roadmaps, UA and monetisation. We use petabyte scale data analytics, industry experience and gut instinct to make product decisions. We define roadmaps and create the vision for our games, mixing art and science to build data driven fun.
What Does The Job Actually Involve?
Data Driven Insights
- Develop and define KPIs and models to assess game performance
- Analyse large, complex data sets representing the behaviour of millions of mobile game players
- Provide actionable recommendations and conclusions from game data to shape features and the product roadmap
- Break down, visualise and defend your findings to cross functional team members, leading the conversation on the shape of the product
- Create, own and manage an evolving AB test roadmap
- Design tests that investigate hypothesis and uncover customer insights
- Turn successful AB tests into verified product features that solve user problems
Business-to-Consumer Product Management
- Be the single point of information across the organisation, for a product
- Understand, track and challenge the mobile app lifecycle across Production, Engineering, Art, User Acquisition and Monetisation
- Design features with tracking so that data driven decisions can be made
Your Hard Skills
- Strong in mathematics and quantitative analysis
- Comfortable working with multiple large data sets
- Methodical and logical approach to solving business problems
- Ability to think creatively and then find the data that backs or refutes their point
- Strong SQL and Excel skills. Python experience is a plus
- Experience using a data visualisation platform such as Tableau, PowerBI, Looker, Redash, QlikView or similar
- Effective communicator with engineers, artists, leadership and peers
- Proven ability to break down, explain and defend analytical insights to non-technical stakeholders
- Defend, promote and deeply understand their product to any audience
- Desire to understand, manage and lead a mobile application
Your Soft Skills
Kwalee has grown fast in recent years but we’re very much a family of colleagues. We welcome people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances, and all we ask is that you collaborate, work hard, ask questions and have fun with your team and colleagues.
We don’t like egos or arrogance and we love playing games and celebrating success together. If that sounds like you, then please apply.
A Little More About Kwalee
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts.
Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle.
We have an amazing team of experts collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Lisbon, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, Cyprus, the Philippines and many more places around the world. We’ve recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales, which is based in France.
We have a truly global team making games for a global audience, and it’s paying off: – Kwalee has been voted the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership Team at the TIGA Awards (Independent Game Developers’ Association) and our games have been downloaded in every country on earth – including Antarctica!