Unpaid Intern Position
We Vote is a nonpartisan get-out-the-vote nonprofit startup, and a celebrated Fast Forward nonprofit technology grantee. We Vote is a movement of over 60 passionate volunteers (starting with the founders) who are building open source mobile technologies that touch and mobilize millions of voters on Election Day. We are a 100% volunteer and remote organization.
- Lead efforts to find and research ways to reach Americans who want to evangelize voting
- Architect and lead the creation of marketing campaigns that promote We Vote’s voter turnout tools
- Help run weekly Product team meetings which focus on our voter turnout tools, and keep track of marketing tasks for our team
- Research and analyze related/competitive voter turnout products, with an eye to how they market themselves
- Manage and motivate designers and content creators on the team for projects related to voter turnout marketing. Work with the team to find tasks that fit each team member’s skill level.
- Facilitate communication within the team, and with other We Vote teams:
- Product Design, QA Team, Community Outreach, Marketing Strategy, Political Data, Newsletter Team, Analytics & Ads, Research Team, Internship Program, Recruiting
- Review work product from the team and propose strategies for improving efficiency
- Support and track all team member’s OKRs and Key Results. Train team members unfamiliar with OKRs.
- Follow up with contributors as their deadlines approach, adjust schedules, and communicate changes to everyone else affected by delays
- Provide brief reports in meetings and via email and in our team newsletter about the status of key projects
- At least 2 hours each week during our core team hours M-F 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. in your timezone
- You want to work with an established and successful team. You are committed to strengthening American Democracy.
- You are striving for personal excellence.
- A willingness to work with and support other volunteers
- You are currently located in the US and can work one or two hours that overlap with US PT per week.