As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the infrastructure and tools required to support the development, deployment, and operation of applications. You’ll play a crucial role in bridging the gap between development and operations, ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of software products, with a strong focus on the reliability, scalability, and performance of systems. As a senior member of the team, you also provide technical leadership, mentorship, and contribute to the continuous improvement of DevOps practices within the organization.
- Design and build state-of-the-art cloud based systems.
- Automate the deployment and configuration of cloud systems.
- Maintain and improve CI and CD pipelines.
- Ensure the availability, performance and scalability of cloud systems.
- Improve the security of cloud systems.
- Evaluate and implement new technologies and products.
- Actively look for ways to improve systems and reduce complexity.
- Improve developer workflow and productivity.
- Understand current systems architecture and drive improvement according to long term company strategic objectives.
- Perform maintenance and enhancements of cloud systems.
- Provision team member access to cloud systems.
- Be available to respond to urgent incidents after hours.
- Work with team members or independently to create effective solutions to business problems.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to achieve business objectives.
- Understand the roadmap and how current work relates to the strategic goals.
- Communicate progress effectively with team members and business stakeholders.
- Practice effective time management when planning and completing sprints.
- Actively participate in code reviews.
- Give and receive constructive peer feedback.
- Live the company values.
- Drive self-improvement.
- Develop strategic thinking skills.
- Degree in engineering, computer science or related field.
- 5-8 years experience in software engineering or DevOps engineering.
- 3 years experience using AWS.
- CI/CD Skills: Extensive experience building, deploying and supporting the automation of software and IaC releases. Examples: GitHub Actions, Buildkite, Jenkins, etc
- Cloud Skills: The ability to architect, develop, and maintain business critical cloud-based systems, ensuring high availability with a strong emphasis on security best practices.
- Key cloud service examples: Kubernetes, Docker, databases, networking, servers (Linux), DNS
Certifications on AWS would be advantageous
- Proactive Monitoring: Experience implementing monitoring tools and practices which have a strong focus on early detection of potential system bottlenecks and anomalies. Examples: Cloudwatch, PagerDuty, Datadog, Splunk, etc
- Automation Skills: Proficiency in scripting and automation tools to streamline processes and infrastructure provisioning. Examples: Bash, Python, Ansible, Terraform, etc
- Infrastructure-as-Code: Familiarity with infrastructure-as-code concepts and tools (e.g., CloudFormation, Terraform) for provisioning and managing infrastructure resources.
- Problem-Solving Abilities: Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills to identify and resolve complex technical issues, methodically and under pressure.
- Soft Skills: Driven and highly motivated by customer (developers, business users, etc) satisfaction, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.