Optimize business performance and financial results by proactively monitoring financial trends and performance metrics, responding with value added analysis to facilitate decision making. Specific duties include the coordination of company Analysts in providing financial planning and forecasting, operational review and support, budgeting, support of strategic initiatives and business development as well as capital expenditures for Mille Lacs Corporate Ventures.
- Identify and prioritize analysis projects to ensure high productivity and achievement of company goals. Work with management to assign analysis projects to the Analysts.
- Consult with management to guide and influence long term strategic decisions making within the broadest scope.
- Review project results prepared by Analysts as needed, ensuring clear concise reporting and accuracy. Provide guidance and direction to Analysts as needed to ensure projects timelines are met.
- Perform complex data analysis to identify patterns, correlation amongst business data elements, trends, and anomalies to generate insights into historical and future operational performance.
- Consolidate and analyze financial data (budgets, financial statement, forecasts, etc.) considering company’s goals and financial standing.
- Prepare annual operating and capital budgets. Research and analyze capital budget expenditures requests to ensure long term growth for the company.
- Foster trusted relationships with business leaders to proactively identify essential needs and develop business intelligence and analytic solution portfolios.
- Deliver persuasive message based on sound, thorough, fact-based analysis, and logic to compel senior leadership team to act as needed.
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance.
- Perform business analysis using a combination of known and unknown data elements to crease business cases for new initiatives and enhancements.
- Assemble and summarize data to structure sophisticated reports on financial status and risks.
- Develop financial models, conduct benchmarking, and process analysis.
- Conduct business studies on past, future and comparative performance and develop forecast models.
- Providing regular reviews of all critical initiatives that support achievement of current year financial plan.
- Track and determine financial status by analyzing results in comparison to forecasts.
- Support new business development and acquisition efforts. Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives.
- Stay informed about trends and benchmarks for company related industries, utilizing networking, Internet, and trade publications as research tools.
- Prepare ad hoc and quarterly reports as needed for business leaders, shareholders, and board of directors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related area from a four (4) year college or university Or, four (4) to six (6) years related experience in finance or business administration and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five (5) years’ experience with budgeting, financial reporting; expense analysis, cost benefit analysis, and financial statement interpretation required.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel knowledge: VBA, Sumifs, Sumoffset, IndexMach, etc
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Computer-literate with specific proficiency in Microsoft applications required.
- Must be able to secure license from Gaming Regulatory Authority.
- Must possess a deep knowledge of business ecosystem processes and trends.
- Ability to create process mapping and perform process analysis to generate operational measurement on business unit KPI’s
- Responsible for following all relevant Detailed Gaming Regulations (DGR’s).
- Mille Lacs Band Member and American Indian preference will be exercised in the hiring process.
- Serves and develops others by building relationships.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where inclusion and individual differences are valued.
- Collaborates across boundaries to achieve common goals.
- Aligns organizational objectives and practices with Mille Lacs Band traditions or interests as appropriate.
- Sets direction and influences others to translate vision into action.
- Demonstrates drive for continued personal and professional growth.
- We have a fun, energetic personality and are adventurous, creative, and open minded.
- We strive to lead through our seven (7) values in all that we do. (Wisdom, Love, Respect, Truth, Humility, Bravery, and Honesty)
- Our foundation of Servant Leadership is a philosophy that embodies and fosters empowerment, decision-making and engagement across all levels of the organization.
- We are a career accelerant, which means developing our Associates is one of our main priorities.
- We provide a space for Associates and others to bring who they are to work and impart a sense of purpose.
- A variety of competitively priced health benefits and supplemental insurances, parental leave,
- 401k, tuition reimbursement, birthday, and anniversary gifts.