Location: USA, Culver City, Beyond Yoga HQ
Beyond Yoga is a luxury athletic and lifestyle clothing brand rooted in the belief that you deserve to look and feel amazing whether you’re headed to the studio or staying in. Prioritizing quality from the start, our clothing is made in the USA with luxuriously soft fabrics, ethical manufacturing processes, and rigorous fit testing. We offer a range of sizes (from XXS to 4X in many styles) so that everyone can wear Beyond Yoga. Quality, inclusivity, and attention to detail aren’t just catch phrases for us, we apply them to everything we do inside the company walls and out.
In September 2021 we joined Levi Strauss & Co., one of the world’s largest brand-name apparel companies and a global leader in jeans wear. Beyond Yoga will operate as a standalone brand within LS&Co. LS&Co. will provide resources to help Beyond Yoga achieve its goals of brand building, store opening, category expansion and global distribution.
Beyond Yoga’s creative team is growing and looking for a full-time Sr. Graphics Designer. This position will report to the Creative Director with a dotted line to the Art Director. We are looking for a Senior Graphic Designer who will bring innovation and creativity to our team with expertise designing graphics for retail stores, mailers, emails, and digital channels. This person will join the team during an exciting period of both aesthetic evolution and overall company growth.
The Senior Graphic Designer creates best in class designs that address strategic business objectives for Beyond Yoga brand marketing efforts. They maintain relationships with selected cross-functional partners, understand their business objectives and strategy, and can utilize that knowledge to create designs to address the strategies – assuring the objectives have been met with the proper tone, messaging and design. They are experts in the field of design and manage their work to the highest possible standards of production for all deliverables across all mediums. The Senior Graphic Designer consistently seeks to enhance the level of creativity executed on all projects and works with the Art Director to ensure deliverables meet all brand standards and requirements.
Please include a link to your portfolio of work specifically relevant work experience as detailed below.
What you’ll do:
- Design digital and print assets, version layouts and run quality control checks of all assets prepared for hand-off, ensuring that assets are compatible with visual style/branding guidelines.
- Focus on telling actionable visual stories with a focus on great user experience and speaking directly to the consumer
- Collaborate with creative partners to develop concepts, and strategic ideas that can be effectively executed within a variety of consumer channels, and a range of mediums (including but not limited to print, web, packaging development, 3D, and fully integrated campaigns).
- Receive direction and present proposed design solutions while meeting deadlines on a variety of projects simultaneously. Ensure work is reviewed/approved before presentation.
- Present work to peers, partners and management in a clear, professional manner. Where appropriate, include research that will support chosen strategies.
- Work with external vendors to provide creative feedback on outsourced projects and communicate brand updates to these vendors as needed.
- Maintain an up to date and organized set of files for project archive and utilizes the departments digital assets management systems and file servers.
- Keep up-to-date with design, photography and print production techniques, proposing new technologies and sharing this knowledge with the team.
- Ensures all design layouts are optimized for end-use and delivered according to specifications, production standards, color quality standards and preflight requirements.
- Complete retouching on files required for internal presentation and work with Post Production Manager for final delivery.
- Understanding of design elements: composition and color as well as seasonal design trends
- Adhere to the demands of a production and marketing schedule and be aware of release schedules and all relevant deadlines
- Work cross-functionally to ensure that all graphics/visual elements support a focused point of view
Who you are:
- Minimum 5 – 7 years of experience in graphic design to include retail/fashion/apparel brand experience, ideally working within an internal consumer brand environment, or advertising agency.
- Strong UX experience and building landing pages and other direct response marketing collateral
- A balance between print and digital experience and knowledge
- Strong eye for detail and precision.
- Able to take creative direction and execute accordingly
- Experienced presenting work in a meeting environment to peers and seniors.
- Creative thinker who can provide a solid portfolio of creative ideas.
- Understanding of marketing campaign development and the various mediums to execute a fully integrated campaign (e.g. print; video/film; photographic).
- Expert proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud environment applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat).
- Typography knowledge.
- Use visual and creative sensibilities to translate creative concepts into materials for the internal and external consumer.
- Intermediate retouching skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Detail oriented, deadline driven and can manage multiple projects.
- Comfortable with working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Compelling presenter.
- Must be available and willing to work extended hours as occasionally needed per day/week to meet business needs (during crunch times, including weekends and holidays, etc.).
Compensation & Perks of working at Beyond Yoga:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits including Health, Dental, Life Insurance, etc.
- 401(k) with company matching
- Paid Time Off + Annual Holiday PTO (position dependent)
- And of course, an awesome clothing allowance
The expected starting salary range for this role is $76,000 – $119,000. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range based on the location of the role. The amount a particular employee will earn within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, experience, skills, performance and business needs.
Levi Strauss & Co. (LS&Co.) offers a total rewards package that includes competitive pay, incentive plans, and a wide array of benefits designed to help you and your family stay healthy, meet your financial goals, and balance the demands of your work and personal life. Available benefits vary depending upon the specifics of the role; details relating to a specific role will be made available upon request.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, benefits or other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company’s sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.