eLuma is the premier provider of live, online therapy services (also known as teletherapy and telepractice) and software solutions for K-12 special education. We don’t just fill a need, we help districts integrate online speech therapy, school psychology, counseling, mental health services, occupational therapy, physical therapy, and a broad range of assessments with onsite services to support district teams and create better student outcomes.
With a national network of high-quality therapists & educators, an innovative software platform, and a game-changing case management system, eLuma empowers K-12 special education programs to provide related services in the most effective, cost-efficient and dependable way. eLuma is one of the fastest growing companies in this exciting niche.
We aren’t just offering another product, EdTech software app, or tech-enabled service. We are literally changing the therapy world for the better and creating a powerful social impact. You will work with the Founder/CEO and entire eLuma team to keep building and scaling a solution. The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) estimates that 45% of individuals with mental illness don’t get treatment they need, the National Institute of Deafness and other Communication Disorders (NIDCD) reports that 1 in 12 have disorders related to voice, speech, language or swallowing. What’s more, as the Baby Boomers continue to age, the need for skilled therapists in all disciplines will continue to increase. The world needs a solution to manage and resolve crisis level shortages and broken delivery systems. eLuma is poised to take this solution to the world. Come change the world with us!
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about building education products that have a real impact. You’ll have the opportunity to craft reliable, performant, and modular backend services. As a key member of a small team, you’ll have a spotlight role in building high-quality software that can scale and continue to evolve with new features and capabilities over time.
- Expand the product functionality with new backend services and APIs
- Work closely with our product and design teams to define feature specifications
- Follow and refine best practices and standards for testability, scalability, and performance
- Oversee the solution from design, all the way to Production.
- Mentor and support colleagues; share knowledge and experience within the team
- Design, collaborate, and execute amazing software features in an industry leading product.
- Lead by example! Demonstrate technical excellence through results, consistency, and mastery.
- Coordinate with other business departments to achieve product goals.
- Be an excellent communicator, listener.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 7+ years of experience in applicable software development.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related technical field.
- Fully proficient in PHP, SQL.
- Experienced at designing Database Schemas, Entity relations, etc…
- Good working knowledge of AWS cloud services, docker, Linux.
- Able to design and build scalable solutions that address real life problems.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Experience with building REST APIs and writing supporting documentation
- Experience with creating testable models and writing supporting unit tests.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 10% for team meetings, conferences, events, etc.
- Creative, innovative thinker.
- Clear and open communicator.
- Experienced in developing flexible, modular, cloud based services.
- Leader by example type.
- Not just a follower but innovator and pioneer.
- Able to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure.
- A self-starter who thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment.
- Results-driven, professional and motivated by helping a team achieve aggressive goals.