As a service engineer apprentice, you will work closely with technology experts that provide bp with capabilities in the definition and operation of critical IT services. You will work closely with technology experts that provide bp with capabilities in the definition and operation of critical IT services. You will learn from these experts to build your own capabilities in site/software reliability principles and operational support techniques.
- Our Service Engineer Apprentices will contribute to the delivery of services from internal squads and external providers to ensure business performance is in line with agreed Service Level Objectives (SLOs), business outcomes, and levels of risk and resilience.
- You ensure operational integrity and operational compliance with appropriate regulatory and internal standards.
- You will be working with DevOps based models as well as traditional outcome-based services and you will develop skills in collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to identify and resolve customer pain points, inefficiencies, and blockers to delivery velocity.
- To apply, you must be aged 18 or over at the start of the programme in September 2024.
- If you’re studying A-levels or completing further education, you must be due to complete your qualification/s in 2024 (we’re unable to progress applications for students who will be part way through their studies when the programme starts). For all of our apprenticeship programmes, you must have continuously lived in the UK for the last 3 years and have right to work.
- 5 GCSEs with grade 4 (C) in GCSE Maths & English (or equivalent)
- A Level/BTech (or equivalent) with 32 points in a computing related course. e.g., Computer Science, Information Technology, Maths
- This programme is designed for school leavers & other individuals who do not have a degree.