- Bachelor’s degree in computer science; and/or, 7+ years of relevant work experience
- Polyglot coder, fluent in: Java, Python, Bash, GraphQL, Node JS and/or similar
- Strong knowledge of design patterns for resilience and high availability (ie: rate limiting, circuit breaking, fallbacks, etc)
- Experience working with hybrid and multi-cloud architectures (GCP/AWS)
- Demonstrated expertise with Linux
- Strong understanding of and experience with complex 24×7 available distributed systems
- History of building and/or managing: Microservices Architecture, Active-Active strategies
- Expertise with build tools, particularly Jenkins, Gradle, Git
- Strong desire to provide guidance and support to members of your team.
- Ability to effectively document processes, procedures and best practices, succinctly.
- Participation in on-call rotation
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Familiarity with a service mesh leveraging Envoy as the proxy (Consul Connect, Istio).
- Capacity Planning
- IT Operations
- Change Management
- Application Security Aware
Relevant Technical Skills/Stack:
- Runtime Infrastructure : Docker, Consul, Vault
- Storage Systems: Redis, Postgres, BigTable, Thanos
- Hybrid/Multi Cloud: GCP, AWS
- Monitoring: Prometheus, ELK Stack, Anomaly Detection
- Messaging : Kafka
- Java / Jetty, Python, GraphQL, Node JS