Cybersecurity isn’t easy, but it is rewarding and fun. If you are someone who wants to push yourself harder and grow your skills faster than any place you’ve ever worked, we are the organization for you. We are looking for a NOC I Engineer to join our main defensive group, the Blue Team. In this position, you will be the primary level of support for our clients looking to improve their cybersecurity.
What does our team do?
JSCM Group is not a traditional I.T. company. For one, we’ve been around for over 20 years. We focus purely on network and cybersecurity, because we know there aren’t a lot of other organizations out there doing that. We are consultants, and we use our expertise to help our clients protect their networks.
On the Blue Team, our focus is on defense. We try to patch the holes that an attacker could use to gain entry. On the Blue Team, we specialize in:
- Network Security (Firewall, switches, wireless)
- Identity Management (Active Directory & Group Policy)
- Endpoint Security Management (EPP, EDR, patch management)
- Email Protection (advanced spam filtering, virus protection)
- Threat Response (EPP, IdP, network events)
What can you expect from JSCM Group?
- Security in more than just what we say
Convincing our clients to implement better security practices starts with our own passion.
- Advanced firewall and networking exposure
When they talk about “the best and the brightest,” they’re referring to our knowledge about networks.
- Days that are never boring
Maybe yesterday you were troubleshooting a firewall issue, but today you get to figure out why someone’s MFA isn’t working.
- A team that stands behind you
We all have to start somewhere. Got a question? We work together to help take care of the problem.
- Knowledge and professional development growth
We believe everyone is capable of more than they realize. We put a high focus on expanding your knowledge and skills, and make sure there are opportunities for company-covered trainings and certifications.
- First line of defense Help Desk support
You are the person they will call when their network is vulnerable.
- Cybersecurity Expert
From manufacturing to healthcare to government, we work with them all to show them how to implement better security.
- Proactive Security Implementation
Think there’s a way to add more security to a network? Help us develop proactive changes that can be rolled out to our clients to stay ahead of the attackers.
- Threat Monitoring
Our clients rely on us to monitor key pieces of their environment to determine if there is a security issue. You will be responsible for responding to these threats as they are identified so that they don’t become a bigger issue.
- Issue Escalation
Think that you’re working on a bigger problem? You will have a team of NOC II Engineers ready to step in and help you troubleshoot.
- Valued Team Member
Be more than just a number on a call sheet. Here, we will treat you like an important member of an important team.If you have ideas, we want to hear them.
Requirements to be considered for this position:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience on an I.T. helpdesk
- Networking knowledge
Able to explain networking concepts such as VLANs, network segmentation, VPNs, and routing
- Hands-on experience with network firewalls, switches, or wireless
- Exposure to EPP/EDR management
- Shift flexibility
We currently offer coverage to our clients 5:00 AM – 9:00 PM Eastern, M-F. We work to build consistency into your schedule, but may require that you work outside of typical 9-5 hours
Qualifications that will make you stand out:
- Industry certifications – Make sure to let us know if you have any up-to-date certifications that are common in this industry!
Have experience with any of these products or vendors? Make sure to let us know!
- WatchGuard (firewall, access points)
- Fortinet (firewall, email appliance, NAC, switches, access points)
- Meraki (switches, access points)
- Cisco (firewall, switches)
- Barracuda (firewall, email appliance)
- Aruba (switches, access points)
- PaloAlto (firewall)