Location: Berkeley, CA (On-site, summer 2024 paid internship)
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic intern to join our team for the 2024 summer. As an intern in the marketing department, you will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience in content creation and brand strategy. You will work on a variety of projects and work alongside the team to create and implement compelling social media posts and campaigns.
This is more than an internship; it’s an adventure. You’ll gain:
- Invaluable industry knowledge: Learn the ins and outs of sales and operations in the travel industry.
- Essential skills for success: Hone your communication, organization, problem-solving, and teamwork abilities.
- A taste of the Backroads culture: Experience our supportive and fun work environment.
- The chance to make a difference: Contribute to our mission of inspiring people to explore the world through active travel.
- Aid in crafting fresh, innovative content primarily for TikTok, Instagram and Facebook
- Write social post copy and assemble and publish posts
- Help create and edit short-form videos
- Remain up to date on and incorporate latest social media best practices and trends within the travel industry and beyond
- Engage and encourage conversation with our followers and community
- Assist our Content Coordinator in visual content sourcing and reviewing
- Currently enrolled at an accredited university or college, majoring in marketing, social media or communications
- In-depth knowledge of TikTok, Instagram and Facebook
- Creative mindset and always up to date on what’s trending
- Familiarity with editing short-form videos in-app
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – you will be working with marketing team members and other departments as well as Trip Leaders and Field Staff around the globe
- Passion for active travel and Backroads’ mission