Location: Hybrid: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
As a Software Quality Assurance Specialist within the Gateway Software Development group, you will write and execute (manual and automated) test cases for our back-end gateway systems and certify the software release before it is DevOps deploy it on client certification platform.
You will perform standard technical assignments, such as bug fixes, database maintenance, and issue tracking. Through these assignments, they will develop a deeper understanding of technical concepts.
In addition to the aforementioned responsibilities, you will review and understand our requirements, functional and technical specifications to support assigned product changes. With guidance and direction and translate our requirements into detailed design specifications and code.
Location: You will be based in our Toronto office and will work in a Hybrid model.
Reporting Relationship: You will report to the Senior Manager, Software Development and Architecture.
Your Moneris Career – What you’ll do.
- You will design programs of limited complexity with an emphasis on generating code that is organized, structured, documented, maintainable and reusable.
- Ensure all code is written, tested, integrated with the project codebase.
- Perform unit testing, develop appropriate artefacts and documentation to facilitate final delivery.
- Participate in building solutions that are supportable, scalable and achieve the aspiration of common assets, use the enterprise monitoring/logging and require minimal to zero maintenance.
- Work with more senior developers to analyze information to recommend and plan the installation of new applications or modifications to existing systems.
Your Moneris Career – What you bring.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience in a Technology or business environment.
- 2-5 years of experience working in developing and following structured work processes in software development and software design.
- Knowledge of programming languages – Java, React and Node JS,
- Experience with Spring Boot and Mocroservices
- Knowledge of Azure
- Full Stack Development
- Experience with functional aspects and technical behaviour of the underlying operating system, development environment, and deployment practice.
- Knowledge of software development practices, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and work experience.
Your Moneris Career – What you get.
- Comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits plans starting from Day 1
- RRSP matching and defined contribution pension plan
- Learn and development programs and resources including unlimited free access to LinkedIn Learning, Coursera and an Educational Assistance Program
- Holistic approach to your well-being, with an Employee Assistance Program for you and your family, monthly wellness events and a supportive workplace culture
- Company-wide paid year-end closure and personal time off (including religious, personal, and volunteer days)