Aquila is looking for a software developer to join our growing engineering team! The role will involve creating an exciting Unity-based product for the oil and energy industry. Aid in building and maintaining the UI and back-end application features while working closely with the current team of data scientists and web developers to create an all-encompassing digital solution for rig health monitoring, testing, and data verification.
Our main team is based in Houston, TX, with a preference for candidates in this area, but we are open to remote team members as well.
- Develop new UI functionality and back-end features into the existing Unity application – Assist in creating, optimizing, and integrating 3D models and 2D graphical assets into the product
- Optimize application performance on desktop and tablet devices
- Bug fixing
- Work closely with the existing development team on task planning and QA
- Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Solid C# and object-oriented programming skills
- Familiarity with Git or other version control software
- Experience with Agile development environments
- Strong experience with Unity development (at least 1-2 years of experience) a major plus
- Experience with Autodesk Maya a plus