The Software Engineer – Cybersecurity works with a team of other software engineers, network and systems engineers to design, implement, and deploy software which meet customer’s requirements, scales easily, removes the limitations of traditional networking solutions, and supports deployment in highly available environments. They will participate and lead in architecture and design of various software components focused on creating applications that leverage technologies such as virtualization, micro services, SDN, NFV, and Big Data platforms and technologies. They work on technical assignments that are semi routine or greenfield in nature, but recognizes that need for occasional deviation from accepted practice. They normally follow established procedures on routine work and require instructions only on new assignments.
- Technical Engineering Services
– Supports engineering projects by developing software solutions; conducting tests and inspections; preparing reports and calculations. Expected to supervise associate engineers on occasion.
– Understands system protocols, how systems operate and data flows. Aware of current technology benefits. Expected to independently develop a full software stack. Understands the building blocks, interactions, dependencies, and tools required to complete software and automation work. Independent study of current technology.
- Technical Leadership
– Collaborates with technical teams and utilizes system expertise to deliver technical solutions.
– Continuously learns new technologies.
- Technical Writing
– Writes basic documentation on how technology works. Contributes clear documentation for new code and systems used.
– Documenting systems designs, presentations, and business requirements for consumption at the engineer level.
- Technology Strategy
– Contributes to emerging technologies to deliver business goals.
– Understands current technology that supports business goals. Understands system protocols, how systems operate and data flows. Aware of current technology benefits. Expected to independently develop a full software stack. Understands the building blocks, interactions, dependencies, and tools required to complete software and automation work. Independent study of current technology is expected. Interact with system engineers to define system requirement and/or necessary requirements for automation.
– Presents new ideas which improve an existing system/process/service utilizing new frameworks.
– Express new perspectives based on independent study of the industry.
– Review current company processes to highlight questions that may drive process refinement.
- Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 2-4 years technical engineering experience.
- Customer Service.
- Technical Writing.
- (Highly Desired) 2+ years’ software engineering experience in ServiceNow (developing and implementing solutions and administering the platform).
Washington Pay Range : $117,400.00 – $158,800.00