Application Window Closes:
October 2nd 8 PM EST
This Microsoft Leap Cohort will begin on January 16, 2024 and finish on May 3rd, 2024.
Up to 100% work from home
2U/edX is excited to partner with Microsoft, a global technology leader, to share an exceptional career opportunity through the Microsoft Leap program. At Microsoft, the mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They are dedicated to innovation, collaboration, and inclusion, creating an environment where talent from diverse backgrounds can thrive.
Microsoft Leap Overview
At Microsoft, we know there are many pathways into the technology industry and into our organization. We’re constantly looking for new ways to create unconventional entry points for talent and leverage the skills and experiences of talent from outside the traditional academic paths. Microsoft Leap offers an immersive 16-week experience for those who have a base foundation of technical training. Microsoft Leap combines in-classroom learning with hands-on engineering projects, working on real teams and real products within our organization.
Software Engineers (SWEs) work with teammates to solve problems and build innovative software solutions. You are passionate about customers and product quality, and you provide technical guidance to Technical Program Managers and Product Managers they consider user needs and product requirements. You will also be expected to demonstrate an ability to learn and adopt relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes to leverage in your solutions. As a SWE, you are dedicated to design, development and testing of next-generation software which will empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others, and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- Apply engineering principles to complex problems through sound and creative engineering.
- Work in a cooperative team environment to deliver software on time that follows internal and industry best practices.
- Learn and adopt relevant new technologies, tools, methods, and processes.
Completion of relevant training:
- Graduated from a coding academy or boot camp and have previous work experience in any field
- Self-taught programmer demonstrating recent development projects or professional experience
- Degree from a community college in computer science or related field
- Degree from a college/university in computer science or related field with a previous career in tech, plus a 2+ year career break
- OR equivalent experience
- Currently authorized to work in the United States for entire duration of the cohort. Immigration sponsorship will not be provided by the employer nor Microsoft.
- Experience with object-oriented programming or other programming paradigms
The base pay range for this apprenticeship is USD $5,090 – $10,120 per month. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $6,690 – $11,030 per month.