Location: San Francisco, CA (Hybrid)
Fastly Engineering designs, builds, & maintains the systems that make the internet a better place where all experiences are fast, safe, and engaging. From bare metal in our data centers all the way up through the interfaces that our customers use every day. With over 1.4 trillion requests per day and 233 Tbsp of global connected capacity, working in Fastly Engineering means making an impact around the world.
We are looking for industrious, creative, aspiring software engineers with experience and/or interest in making the web better. Fastly’s summer internship program will run for 12 weeks (between May-August). During this time, you will be embedded within an engineering team to contribute and collaborate on specific projects. You will also be paired up with a mentor to guide you throughout the program and help with your career goals. At the end of the program, there will be a performance-based selection process where interns will have an opportunity to be considered to join Fastly full-time after graduation.
- Work both independently and collaboratively within a fast-paced development team, with clear, positive, and constructive communication
- Participate in all aspects of software development activities including design, coding, testing, bug fixing, documentation and deployment
- Participate in daily or weekly stand ups and team meetings as part of a full immersive experience
- Grow with the support of your team and help others on the team grow by providing thoughtful feedback and uplifting those around you
- Build your professional network through our Mentor/Buddy Program, Employee Resource Group (ERG) programs and social networking experiences
- Additional responsibilities as needed based on specific role or team
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, CIS/MIS, Cybersecurity, Business or a related field, graduating December 2024 thru Summer 2025
- Ability to commit to a 12 week summer internship between May-August
- Strong communications skills, specifically, the absence of repeated grammatical or typographical errors, clear and concise written and spoken communications, and communications that demonstrate professional judgment.