Location: Onsite (Sunnyvale, CA or Austin, TX)
Pay Rate: $50/hr
Contract Length: 6 months
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm
CINDER is looking to change the community’s understanding of how a staffing company operates. Our purpose is to humanize the staffing process by connecting awesome people and providing them with the skills and tools they need to succeed in whichever job they find. We believe happy employees inspire commitment and community.
About Cinder‘s Client
Our client is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices which have changed the daily lives of millions of users. Most advanced products need cutting-edge testing to ensure they reach the customers with the best quality. This is the mission of every Software QA engineer our client hires.
Our client does not only test the products, they treat the testing activities on par with design and invention of a system. They use state of the art technologies and methodologies to ensure the most efficient and comprehensive testing. Invention of new test methodologies and innovation is the essence of testing in their team.
- In-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance Concepts
- Solid understanding of operating system software, as well as knowledge of object-oriented design principles.
- Understanding of 802.11 standards
- 3+ years of experience in wireless testing in WIFI, Bluetooth, or Cellular
- You will spend efforts studying and designing the new methodologies and techniques to facilitate testing, including the state-of-art Machine Learning and Deep Learning methods.
- Develop test plans and test cases
- Develop Automation test harness and automate tests using internal and open source tools & infrastructure
- Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through to a resolution
- Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
- Engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and develop innovative consumer products.
- Continuously search for better and more efficient test solutions, and an instinct for continuous invention and innovation.
- Propose improvements to the existing processes and automated tools in order to improve the team’s speed, quality and efficiency.
- Be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
- 2+ year of experience in manual and automated testing
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field.
- 2+ years of experience in software test automation using Python, experience in automating the test cases for embedded software.
- Knowledge of QA concepts and methodology.
- Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment and utilizing virtual machines
- Knowledge of wireless connectivity technologies, such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Zigbee
- Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience developing product test harnesses
- Experience with Android, iOS or other mobile application development or testing
- Experience working closely with development and business teams.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas.