As a Staff Backend Engineer, you will set an excellent example for the team. You will challenge and drive technical discussions to help others align with the best possible decisions. You will monitor technical performance across the team and be an example of how to use roadblocks and uncertainty to succeed.
- You will have our mission at the forefront of your mind as you write high-quality, well-tested, performant code and implement changes to our systems and frameworks. Additionally, you will work closely with the front-end engineers to design and build APIs.
- Through your delivery, you will clearly communicate and translate complex business needs into granular technical implementations. By owning the end-to-end execution, you will architect systems and build with reliability and security at the core.
- You’ve had a successful track record as a Staff or Senior Engineer within another company and can articulate and demonstrate your development over time
- You promote a dev-ops culture. You have worked in a CI/CD environment and are meticulous in delivering high-quality code, automated testing, and other engineering best practices.
- You have a deep level of understanding and experience in architecture, security and/or infrastructure
- You can articulate how you hold yourself and others to high bars of technical excellence
- You can communicate clearly and give great examples of where you’ve been able to help engineering teams figure out the why, the what, and the how, and that you’re also able to do on problems of complexity and scale