Location: Minneapolis, MN
As a Strategic Partnerships Intern, you will have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of Sezzle’s partnership strategy. This role combines business development, sales, and marketing skills. Your primary responsibilities will include building new partnerships, growing relationships with current partners, creating marketing content, and generally helping to build Sezzle’s partnership strategy. This is a part-time fall/winter position where you can work while also attending school.
Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose long-standing mission is to financially empower the next generation. Only one in three millennials own a credit card, and the vast majority of millennials possess a subprime credit score or no score at all. To address these problems, Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the numerous eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle.
As the first and only B-Corp in the payments space, Sezzle’s goal is to help everyone pursue financial freedom and to invest in social good and ethical initiatives that shape a better world.
At Sezzle, we’re committed to putting purpose alongside profitability. We work hard to maintain rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency to build a better world. The employees at Sezzle lean into significant societal and cultural shifts, ensuring internal and external focus on positive impacts that benefit our community.
- Reaching out to potential new partners via email, phone, and LinkedIn
- Creating marketing content (i.e. blog posts, presentations, white papers, webinars, etc.)
- Helping to plan and coordinate partner events – meetups, lunch & learns conferences
- Serving as an “account manager” by regularly checking in with partners and finding creative ways to nurture and grow the partnership
- Delivering sales pitches and product demos of Sezzle to partners
- Create and maintain contact lists and spreadsheets
- Negotiating and drafting partnership agreements
- Creating internal partnership processes and best practices
- Sezzle internships are up to 30 hours a week (no more). We want you to have an amazing internship experience and learn new things, but also enjoy student life!
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years of coursework completed (Junior)
- A+ character. We are team-first here at Sezzle.
- A hard-working mentality. It’s early and there is still a lot to build.
- An excellent communicator.
- Ownership. You aren’t afraid to take on new responsibilities and you act like an owner in everything you do.
- A fun attitude. Life’s too short. We can have fun while we work hard on cool things.
- Smarts. We need people that are smart enough to make decisions on their own and also smart enough to know when they need input from others.
- Preferred GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Strong interest in business, e-commerce, and technology
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Experience in sales, marketing, payments, e-commerce, software, or retail is a plus
- Excited about the opportunity to work and grow with an early-stage startup
- Ability to start work immediately
- Competitive pay
- Collaborative fun workspace with optional remote work
- The opportunity to join Minneapolis’s fastest-growing startup alongside a team of motivated and driven individuals
At Sezzle, we are more than just brilliant engineers, passionate data enthusiasts, out-of-the-box thinkers, and determined innovators; we are skilled musicians, yogis, cyclists, chefs, golfers, dog-lovers, and rock-climbers. We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest individuals, but those that are unique and purpose-driven in all that they do. Our culture is not defined by a certain set of perks designed to give the illusion of the traditional startup culture, but rather, it is the visible example living in every employee that we hire.
Sezzle provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, familial status, veteran or military status, status regarding public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other protected status following applicable federal, state and local laws.