Remote, WFH, Full-Time, & Part-Time
Must reside in one of the following states:
- North Carolina
**MUST LIVE OR BE LICENSED IN THE STATE YOU ARE PROVIDING CARE FOR**
We are seeking compassionate and strong Substance Abuse Counselors who want to change the way the world treats stimulant addiction. By sharing our values of Empathy, Commitment, Generosity & Authenticity, the Affect team strives to provide the skills to help each member reach sobriety.
Affect Therapeutics uses mobile technology to deliver the first evidence-based, digital recovery program for stimulant use. In the US, we are in the middle of a meth epidemic. Meth is the leading cause of overdose death west of the Mississippi, and is only second to fentanyl in terms of overdose deaths.
Our scalable, evidence-based program gives members the tools and incentives they need, exactly when and where they need them. By combining a digital therapeutic app with an integrated care team, our program delivers real-time, data-driven improvements in treatment, driving outcomes and lowering healthcare costs
Affect combines a member-facing digital therapeutic, incentives and rewards loops with an integrated care team to deliver an effective stimulant recovery program at scale. Our members love us for our empathetic, engaged coaching and for finally giving them the incentives necessary to affect change.
**Affect is co-founded by Dr. Jeff De Flavio – founder of Groups Recover Together, a pioneer in medication assisted therapy for opiates, and is backed by AlleyCorp (Gilt Groupe, Nomad Health, Business Insider).
An Affect Counselor leads the treatment team, alongside providers, care coordinators, and administrators. Our Counselors are the experts on addiction and recovery and coordinates decisions about the member’s treatment. Meanwhile, providers are asked to focus on what they do best: medication management. By putting seasoned, compassionate Counselors in the lead, we can deliver care that is easily accessible, affordable and superior to others.
As an Affect Counselor you manage a schedule and caseload that supports the needs of your state (or states) while continually developing your clinical skill set and knowledge of Affect Therapeutics roles and responsibilities as it relates to the clinical service model.
- Unlock great clinical outcomes for our members by adhering to Affect Therapeutics policies and providing consistent, superior care.
- Conduct intake assessments to evaluate individuals’ appropriateness for our program, engaging special populations in our treatment model.
- Use clinical tools (urine drug screens, treatment plans, counseling, etc.) to monitor clinical progress and promote and support recovery.
- Lead weekly group therapy sessions that build recovery skills and foster community by utilizing the outlined curriculum.
- Provide individual support, as needed, such as crisis intervention, referrals to other resources, and liaising with outside parties involved in the member’s treatment.
- Measure the effectiveness of one’s own clinical practice, using outcome measures, and client feedback.
- Practice within state, federal, and provincial laws/regulations and professional ethical standards, including following HIPAA and (42 CFR pt 2) CRF regulations.
- Actively work to ensure cultural diversity is preserved and upheld.
- Utilize our custom EMR to thoroughly document members’ progress and clinician interactions in a manner that is efficient and value-added, fully digitized, and never bureaucratic and ensure all clinicians in office follow suit.
- Participate in discharge decisions, in coordination with the clinical supervisor, based on member progress in treatment.
- Engage in constructive and effective clinical supervision.
- Participate in internal and external training required for upkeep of licensure and actively working towards professional development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Required licensure or certification*: Behavioral health licensure including but not limited to: LCSW, LPP, LMHC, LPCC, LPCC-S, LPC, LCADC, CADC.
- Minimum one year of experience leading group therapy in a SUD setting.
- High comfort level with technology, including EMR, email, software and mobile apps (e.g., Google Apps).
- Deeply invested in member success.
- Authentic, caring and inspiring—and able to maintain appropriate boundaries and accountability.
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to build positive relationships with people.
- Ability to make high quality clinical decisions that align with Affect Therapeutics’’ policies and procedures, counseling manual, and Core Milestones of Recovery Framework.
- Committed to a high ethical standard in everything you do, working collaboratively with providers, care navigators, peer recovery coaches, and other professional colleagues.
- A team player and willing to put the Affect team above self.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must have a quiet, private dedicated home office with a door with reliable internet connection.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.