Location(s): Charlotte – Dallas – Philadelphia
The BI Development Team deals in all things data visualization within CXD Analytics! Our Tableau Developers drive outcomes as champions of data literacy and transparency. We develop and build automated Tableau dashboards across CXD Analytics, perform site administrator duties on the Tableau server, set and drive data visualization best practices, and provide data visualization expertise to Data Analysts.
In this role, you will:
- Engages with internal partners to understand business strategy, questions and goals. Brings structure to business requests, translates requirements into an analytical project approach, and leads projects through completion. Delegates tasks and provides tactical and strategic guidance to peers.
- Acquires and compiles structured and unstructured data and verifies its quality, accuracy and reasonableness.
- Visualize and tell compelling stories with data. Prepare and deliver visualizations and internal presentations that translate analytic insights into tangible, actionable solutions for business partners to implement.
- Develops Tableau dashboards and visualizations that are interactive, visually appealing, and easy to understand.
- Socializes and maintains best practices and standard procedures for data visualization.
- Drives adoption of Tableau dashboard and other BI tools through close engagement with business stakeholders and data analysts.
- Maintains site administration duties on Tableau Server.
- Develops, owns and manages recurring analytic or reporting processes.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
What it takes:
- Undergraduate degree in analytic/quantitative field such as: Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or related analytical field of study or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of three years related work experience.
- Expert level skills in the following suite of data analysis and visualization tools: Data Extraction languages such as SQL. Proficiency with relational databases or Big Data platforms and Data Visualization packages (Tableau, etc).
- Extraordinary analytical skills, coupled with the ability to form hypotheses and draw meaningful insights from disparate data sources. The ability to understand data, process it, extract value from it, visualize it and communicate insights to audiences of various backgrounds, including senior management
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
How We Work
Vanguard has implemented a hybrid working model for the majority of our crew members, designed to capture the benefits of enhanced flexibility while enabling in-person learning, collaboration, and connection. We believe our mission-driven and highly collaborative culture is a critical enabler to support long-term client outcomes and enrich the employee experience.