Location: Bath or London, England, UK (Hybrid)
Must be eligible to work in the UK to apply
Verisk‘s Software Development Engineer Interns (Frontend and Backend) Summer Internship Program is designed to provide you with real work experience, professional development, and networking opportunities. This is a full-time (40 hours/ week) paid internship program spanning ten weeks from June through August 2024. Participation in the internship program requires that you are located near your Bath or London office as the program is a hybrid work schedule, requiring you to be in the office at least 2 days per week.
We have opportunities for students interested in exploring careers in tech around the globe. Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance. Our team of nearly 7,000 helps customers make crucial decisions every day about risk—with greater precision, efficiency, and discipline.
- Analyze and develop custom made solutions for global company and high-profile clients
- Employ proficient programming knowledge to create new applications to optimize business
- Uncover and anticipate breaches or security flaws to protect customer information and prevent online threats
- Perform hands-on coding, configuration and testing with a team and individually
- Contribute to new and existing applications along with creating enhancements to websites, web applications, and infrastructure
- Partner with several Project Managers from our Agile Project Management organization to learn firsthand how agile project management practices are used to plan, deliver, and continuously improve value delivery for our business partners
- Working cross-functionally across Data Science, Business Analysis and other teams
- Enrolled in bachelors or masters program or bootcamp with coursework in computer science, data structures, logic and computation, etc.
- Verisk businesses leverage a wide variety of tech stacks, and you may be working on Java, .Net, or something else, depending on the business where you are assigned. It would be helpful (though not required) if you have some of the following experience:
- o Infrastructure: AWS, Azure, GCP
- o Front-End: Angular, React, NodeJS
- o Back-End: Python, Java, C++, Spring, C#, Microsoft SQL, and other database technologies from Microsoft and/ or AWS
- Please be sure to include your technical skillset on your resume, so we can see your experience and interests