Currently, we are seeking a motivated, career and team-oriented UI/ Instructional Systems Designer for the data solutions training team in support of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) Continuous Diagnostic & Mitigation (CDM) Data Services Program. The CDM Data Services Program is a critical component of CISA’s national effort to ensure the defense and resilience of cyberspace. As the oriented UI/ Instructional Systems Designer, you will play a pivotal role in enhancing the visual appeal and effectiveness of our educational content. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in graphic design, a passion for instructional design, and the ability to create visually engaging materials that support our learning objectives. This is a remote position where the candidate can work from any location within the United States provided, they can work on an eastern time zone schedule.
The CDM Data Services Program mission is to provide a standardized platform to collect, transform, and integrate cybersecurity data from relevant authoritative data sources into a coherent data, delivering actionable information into Agency and Federal Dashboards to identify risk areas in support of mitigation as well as to facilitate coordinated agency and national response to cyber-threats.
- Visual Design Leadership:
- Lead the conceptualization and creation of visually appealing and effective instructional materials, including presentations, infographics, animations, and interactive content.
- Collaborate with instructional designers and subject matter experts to translate concepts into visually engaging learning experiences.
- UI/UX Integration:
- Integrate principles of user experience (UX) design into instructional materials to enhance engagement and user satisfaction.
- Ensure that UI elements align with established design principles, accessibility standards, and user-centered design practices.
- Design and produce multimedia assets, including images, illustrations, icons, and multimedia elements, to support diverse learning styles.
- Brand and Style Consistency:
- Ensure consistency in design, branding, and style across all instructional materials to maintain a cohesive and professional appearance.
- Develop and maintain design templates and guidelines for use by the Dashboard Solution Training team.
- Technology Integration:
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and design tools to enhance the visual appeal and interactivity of instructional materials.
- Collaborate cross functionally with the various solution engineering teams to integrate multimedia elements into learning management systems (LMS) and e-learning platforms.
- Quality Assurance:
- Conduct quality assurance reviews to ensure that visual elements align with instructional design principles and meet established standards.
- Provide constructive feedback to instructional designers and contribute to continuous improvement efforts.
- Instructional Design:
- Design and develop instructional materials for a variety of delivery methods, including e-learning, instructor-led training, and blended learning.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to analyze learning needs and develop effective learning solutions.
- Ensure alignment with instructional design best practices, adult learning theories, and industry standards.
- Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Instructional Design, or a related field.
- A minimum of (3) three years of experience in instructional design or e-learning, with a focus on graphic and or UI/UX design.
- Familiarity with learning management systems (LMS) and e-learning authoring tools.
- In-depth knowledge of CISA training and development processes
- Familiarity with CISA learning platforms such as FedVTE
- Knowledgeable of/ Experience supporting CISA CDM Dashboard synchronous and asynchronous course development
- Proficiency in graphic design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and other relevant tools.
- Creative thinker with the ability to conceptualize and execute visually appealing designs that enhance the learning experience.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, with the ability to work closely with instructional designers and other cross-functional teams.
- Clearance Requirements
- Must be a US citizen
- Able to obtain and maintain a DHS Suitability (EOD)
- Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to be in a stationary position more than 50% of the time
- Must be able to communicate, converse, and exchange information with peers and senior personnel
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a computer
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management, and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.