Site Name: UK – Hertfordshire – Stevenage, Greater Poland
Job Title: UX Strategist – FTC – 14 months
Location: Stevenage, Upper Providence or Poznan
Job Purpose and Overview
As part of our R&D Tech UX Design & Democratised Development Team, the UX Strategist will utilise their experience and passion for Experience Design to provide clear direction to R&D teams wanting to solve key business problems, through the use of Design Thinking and Service Design practices.
- Design Leadership: Planning and executing the end-to-end activities to drive Design Thinking and Service Design, from problem definition to prototyping and blueprinting. Influencing stakeholders and advocating ways of working that deliver real solutions to real business problems.
- User Research: Conduct thorough research to understand user needs, preferences, and pain points within existing business processes. This will help to identify how digital transformation can accelerate problem-solving and enhance overall user experience. Focus on prioritised domains and problems in the scope of Accelerate and Scale cohorts.
- Design Thinking: Apply design thinking principles to interpret user research and transform these insights into effective digital solutions. This involves empathizing with users, defining their needs, ideating solutions, prototyping, and testing.
- User Personas and Journey Mapping: Develop personas representing diverse users and create user journey maps. These maps should illustrate current user interactions and identify opportunities for digital process enhancements that can accelerate business problem-solving.
- Strategy Development: Use insights from user research and design thinking to develop UX strategies that align with the objectives of the ‘Accelerate’ and ‘Scale’ offerings. This could involve proposing changes to the user interface of a digital process or suggesting new features that could enhance user experience and hasten problem resolution.
- Prototyping and Usability Testing: Create prototypes based on the proposed strategies, then conduct rigorous usability tests to gather feedback. Analyze results to refine the digital solutions, focusing on improvements that significantly increase the speed of business problem-solving.
- Service Design: Recognising that digital transformation is the balance of people, processes and technology; research, design and build new ways of working for R&D.
- Advocacy: Advocate for the user within the Digital Transformation team, ensuring that the user perspective is considered in all stages of developing the ‘Accelerate’ and ‘Scale’ offerings.
- Grow Offerings: Own promotion and delivery to the business Design Thinking based offerings. Ensure that those offerings are scaled cross organisation and business is receiving valuable outcomes accelerating Digital Transformation.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Good experience in a similar position
- Practical experience in planning and performing user research, experience design (interaction design, information architecture, visual design, etc) and usability testing
- Solid experience in service design
- Strong analytical and observational skills with a demonstration of creative approaches to problem solving
- Knowledge of the software design and delivery process (both analytical and technical)
- Team player skills with exceptional collaboration and communication skills
- Awareness and willingness to roll up your sleeves with a desire to learn new things and jump into the unknown
- Natural curiosity and motivation to dig into the details in order to understand and improve upon a technical, complex, and constantly evolving problem space
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience in working in Enterprise UX & Design
- Experience in service design and design thinking processes
- Experience in working in the healthcare or life science industry
- High proficiency in the selection and use of standard UX and design tools