A web designer is responsible for creating the design and layout of a website or web pages. It can involve working on a brand new website or updating an already existing site. They will be responsible for designing visual elements for use online, reflecting the company’s branding and design aesthetic. They will create layouts for landing pages, product pages and other areas of the website and test different designs to see which are most effective.
- Design engaging website layouts, paid landing pages and other marketing materials.
- Take ownership of design projects and meet project deadlines.
- Develop and maintain consistent branding.
- Present designs and key deliverables to clients, peers, and executive level stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Strategists (UX, Content, SEO, Paid, etc.), copywriters, and other team members to create the best designs for our clients.
- Utilize data and analytics in making design decisions.
- Work with front-end web developers to help deploy designs.
- Prepare assets for website deployment.
- A desire to continue learning and keeping up with the design industry.
- Experienced with Figma & Adobe Creative Suite
- Basic Proficiency in Google Workspace (Sheets, Docs, Slides, etc.)
- Passionate about design and UX and familiar with best practices
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Inquisitive nature and desire to always find ways to improve
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to handle difficult situations in a positive and professional manner
What Will Impress Us Even More:
- Agency experience
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS (knowing what you can and can’t do on the web)
- Branding and illustration skills
- Understanding of sitemaps
- Understanding of customer journey maps, personas, and other research deliverables
- Photography & photo editing/manipulation skills
About Rocket55 (rocket55.com):
Rocket 55 is a leading, full-service digital agency with a proven track record of delivering results for our clients. While digital has become a popular bolt-on service for many traditional agencies, we have been an innovative leader in the digital space for the last decade. Our breadth and depth of expertise is hard to match.
We are a growth-focused business, having made the Inc. 5000 list in 5 of its 15 years. Our continual growth has allowed us the opportunity to not only promote from within but to attract additional team members who are absolutely passionate about client outcomes and honing their expertise. We are the perfect fit for people who love a fast-paced work environment; where evolution is an exciting, continual part of their daily lives. We do our best to leave our egos at the door and embrace problems from a mindset of curiosity towards improvement.
We strongly believe that diversity in all forms makes for a stronger organization. If you value an environment that embraces and rewards performance, alongside collaboration, then Rocket55 would be a great fit for you.
*Rocket55 also offers Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance. Along with Competitive Compensation, PTO, and IRA Benefits.