Location: Chicago, IL (Onsite)
Our Brand Communications intern will work with the Brand Marketing team to create and share ActiveCampaign messaging with our internal and external audiences. This person can expect to conceptualize and execute media pitches, write short and long-form content ranging from social media posts to contributed articles, and work across teams to gather necessary information. We are looking for someone with a strong interest in brand communications, a solid writing foundation, and who can take direction and act quickly. This person will be expected to work across all facets of brand marketing, including but not limited to: events support, swag and branding fulfillment, and influencer outreach.
- Working closely with the head of brand communications in leading the communications strategy and execution, while staying aligned with the brand’s messaging and market needs.
- Working with the media and internal leaders for interview and commentary requests.
- Writing social media content in support of company articles and posting to our employee advocacy platform.
- Crafting contributed articles, quotes and commentary on behalf of thought leaders.
- Building relationships with target media and developing stories that tell the ActiveCampaign story to new audiences.
- Earning ActiveCampaign recognition both for being a best place to work and a great technology solution through new award submission opportunities.
- Identifying and submitting thought leaders for speaking engagements to demonstrate the incredible knowledge on the team.
- Supporting the events team with logistics, swag fulfillment and event staffing.
- Reaching out to influencers in our space with the goal of creating net-new partnerships.
- Supporting the rest of the marketing team with various campaigns to introduce the brand to new audiences.
- Pursuant of a 4-year degree program in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, English, or a related field.
- Demonstrates strong communication and writing skills and ability to tailor messaging to multiple audiences.
- Possesses an understanding of media relations, influencer relations, etc. to help the team create meaningful coverage and partnerships.
- Fosters creativity in how both internal and external communications can be presented to best serve our customers and employees.
- Demonstrates organization and the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Has an interest in the technology industry and a knack for storytelling.
- Has at least one term to complete following the Summer of ‘24. We are not considering recent graduates for this position.