- Location: Manchester, UK
- Citizenship Required: United Kingdom Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Highest Level of Government Clearance
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Your Opportunity to Define Possible. Our Opportunity to Deliver the Nation’s Security. Together.
Salary: £53,000 – £70,000
Role clearance type: Must already hold highest UK Government clearance.
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
About Your Opportunity:
Our focus is the successful delivery of projects to our customers and as a Business Analyst working with our customers on project activities. The purpose of this role is to work with internal and external customers, to obtain a clear understanding of user requirements and working with all stakeholders to effectively deliver to needs or provide best practice guidance for solutions ensuring consistency with NGUK strategy, standards, policies and processes.
Utilising knowledge and experience of project management processes, act as the dynamic primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders, understanding the need to act with a sense of urgency to meet customer needs.
- Flexible working schedules – we offer flexible and hybrid working arrangements. Talk to us at the application stage about any scheduling preferences you may have.
- Flexible Benefits Package – choose which NGUKL benefits you want to satisfy your personal needs. Core Benefits provided for you are Healthcare, Dental, Life Assurance and Pension. Benefits you can flex include Critical Illness Cover, Health Cash Plan, and Health Assessments.
- Employee Incentive Programme – exceptional performance is recognized through our annual incentive programme which is awarded to top performers who excel.
- Career Development – opportunity for ongoing professional development and career growth opportunities.
As a Business Analyst, you will;
- Be deployed to work alongside NG’s delivery teams working in an agile manner to act as the key interface between the delivery teams and the core customers business.
- Be responsible for building a mature understanding of the customer’s organisation to capture, manage, and facilitate sign off of business requirements for your core delivery area, developing an agile backlog of requirements.
- To be achieved through leading / facilitation of key workshops, meetings, and interviews with a range of stakeholders from business users through to engineering leads capturing these requirements at both the business and technical levels.
- Ensure these requirements are correctly translated into structured form such as use cases, functional requirements, and interface designs etc for delivery to be effectively undertaken.
- Support the incremental delivery of the defined capability in accordance with the Agile methodology including using SAFe.
- Work with the customer business to build a short term roadmap for the products you are supporting, articulating all associated risks and dependencies in order to drive the correct prioritisation of the captured requirements.
- Support the Customer through the lifecycle of a product, understand product dependencies, and be able to adapted to the ever changing prioritises, analyse the impact of these changes on the current development roadmap.
- Act as a proxy product owner where necessary to plan and prioritise work on behalf of the Customer.
Essential / experience
- Knowledge of analytical techniques and methodologies to define business problems;
- Experience of requirements capture and management
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Skills in influencing and negotiation methods and techniques
- A good understanding of available and emerging IT technologies
- An ability to understand how IT supports our customers’ requirements
- Capable of dealing with conflicting priorities between different specialist groups within a fast paced Agile environment
- Ability to communicate effectively at different levels within the organisation, including senior management, operations personnel and customers