Equal Plus Consulting has been engaged to search for a Business Technical Analyst to work on-site for the client based in Lawrenceville, GA. We are looking for an experienced Business Technical Analyst who will review business processes in order to gain a complete understanding of current procedures, identify improvements, document those processes, and connect businesspeople to information technology groups in an organization. The business technical analyst will document the current state of business processes as well as the desired future state. The business technical analyst will be responsible for the knowledge transfer of business implications to the application/database developers and project managers.
- Performs feasibility analysis, scopes projects, and works with the applications management team and the Project Manager to prioritize deliverables, and negotiate on product functionalities.
- Creates detailed Business Requirement Document (BRD) and translate it into functional specifications.
- Provides analytic support by coordinating data extraction from various databases and data interpretation.
- Partners with development and analytic teams to provide reporting on software solutions.
- Participates in Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Functionality Testing.
- Performs research and interviews to determine IT business requirements and then translate such into specifications for technical projects.
- Focuses on the people side of change in the area of systems and technology, processes, job roles and skills, as well as organizational structures.
- Analyzes, facilitate, model, and organize information in order to reconcile conflicts, elicit requirements and distinguish solution ideas from business needs.
- Serves as liaison for customers for professional service and support requests.
- Demonstrates proficiency in requirements gathering, estimation, gaining customer approval, execution, testing and delivery of professional services requests.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities.
- Develops business process models and documentation.
- Assists business in Change Management activities.
- Effectively communicates and documents business and IT information in line with agreed processes and procedures.
- Balances technology and business issues as well as communicates appropriately with both technology and business experts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or IT
- 5+ years of experience working as a Functional, Data or Business Analyst
- Advanced skills in MS Tools- Excel, Power Point, Project, Visio, and Outlook
- 5+ years of customer interfacing experience – project oversight, customer presentation.
- 5+ years’ work experience in full systems development
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- An overall general understanding of large IT operating environments, SDLC, Change Control, Desktop Support,
- Service Desks, Application Development, Release Management, Networks, Storage, Data Centers.
- Excellent organizational and people management skills. Strong understanding of how to manage change.
- Energetic, action-oriented, positive approach to problem solving and ability to balance multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Good workshop facilitation and presentation skills.
- Executive Presence.