An active security clearance is required for this position.
The mid-level Data Modeler works with data architects and metadata managers to model enterprise data, translating agency needs into long-term physical models and database designs in order to empower production systems.
- Identify and describe relationships between data fields and how they are maintained in enterprise databases
- Responsible for progressing and maintaining official description of enterprise datasets
- Organize the integration of data and migration activities to enhance operating efficiency
- Performs gap analysis of legacy application data structures and enterprise data warehouse
- Performs analysis on enterprise data holdings to reduce redundancy of data within existing systems or improve the way to conflate datasets from one system to another
- Analyze ETL processing to identify risk factors and make necessary recommendations to ensure data integrity in the data warehouse
- Applies naming standards, and metadata standards, checks models in and out of Model Repository, and documents data model translation decisions
- Participates in team discussions with other data modelers and data SMEs across the enterprise
- Create new ontologies to improve problem solving within that domain
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or specialized experience in a scientific or technical discipline, or equivalent Mid level experience as Data Modeler.
- Demonstrated experience with ontology that encompasses a representation, formal naming and definition of the categories, properties and relations between the concepts, data and entities that substantiate one, many, or all domains of discourse
- Experience in data modeling principles/methods including conceptual, logical & physical data models
- Experience with Collibra, Informatica or related data governance tools
- Geospatial intelligence domain experience
- Working experience with Geospatial intelligence metadata
- Experience working with dimensionally modeled data
- Experience in translating/mapping relational data models into XML and Schema
- Internal Corporate Responsibilities:
- Internal corporate responsibilities vary by role, are subject to change, and may include assisting with internal business development.