An active security clearance is required for this position.
Multiple locations depending on availability: Chantilly, Springfield, Reston
As a mid-level Data Scientist you lead the planning, programming and operational activities required to support the data-driven performance analysis of enterprise data assets. You will ensure the data is useful, accurate, accessible, and coordinated amongst other data sources.
- Assists expert engineers with data requirements or analysis efforts, projects, and other activities.
- Capture enterprise data assets from multiple systems and build robust solutions backed by data analytics, dynamic visualizations and expertise and data.
- Enable the forecasting of behavior, performance, and analyze trends.
- Manage data analysis project lifecycle, from the brainstorming phase to final production and product delivery.
- Develop and apply quantitative and qualitative analytic methods to identify, collect, and analyze large datasets for specified purposes.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in systems engineering or in related technical or scientific fields such as data engineering, mathematics, statistics, probability operations research, engineering management, computer science, information science, or related STEM degree program; over 6 years of work experience as a Data Scientist
- Demonstrated experience in at least three of the following: Enterprise Information Architecture, Data Science, Data analytics, Data modeling, Data Engineering creation and guidance, Data management, quality and governance best practices, Data warehousing and curation, SQL, Security and risk management, business analytics, or Cloud data services.
- Proficiency in Python (e.g.. Flask, DASH, Extract Transform / Transfer Load (ETL), Dynamic Visualization, Backend database connections, statistical analysis)
- System engineering experience in government or industry
- Demonstrated experience with structured and unstructured data wrangling, information science.
- Demonstrated experience with information engineering, modeling and simulation, and/or business analytics.
- Experience engineering solutions using structured and unstructured Big Data
- Internal Corporate Responsibilities:
- Internal corporate responsibilities vary by role, are subject to change, and may include assisting with internal business development.