Locations: Pittsburgh, Orlando, & Houston
If you’ve always dreamt of an exciting career in Banking, Finance and Tech, now’s the time to make it a reality.
Over the past decade, increasing regulatory scrutiny has led to the evolution of banking services which now play a critical part in every single stage of the trade lifecycle and the overall client journey. It is now the sharp tip of a bank’s competitive edge. Within Banking Services, it has therefore never been more crucial to get it right and demand for top talent is high.
These roles are challenging, demanding attention to detail and a strong client focus, a keen sense of risk and an awareness of the regulations. At Wiley Edge, we can provide you with the professional training to embark on your career within banking and open doors to world leading financial institutions.
As a part of the Wiley Edge Alumni program, Wiley Edge has an exciting and exclusive partnership with Columbia University’s School of Engineering. All Wiley Edge Alumni are eligible to receive two Executive Education certificates from Columbia Engineering as part of their Academy and industry placement experience at no cost. Further, all participating Alumni will have access to the Columbia Engineering network and ongoing training.
Some of these roles include:
- Trade Support (Securities, Treasury, Transaction Management)
- Risk, Regulation and Compliance (Credit Risk, Market Risk, Controls, Reporting)
- Client Lifecycle Management (KYC/AML, CDD, Risk Assessment)
- Regulatory Transformation (Business Analysis, Project Management, Client Outreach)
- Data (Governance, Management, Remediation, Analysis)
Working within Banking Services will offer fulfilment, increased opportunities for progression and the chance to work with new technologies and multiple business lines.
This pathway is perfect for you if…
- You have a genuine interest in Banking and Financial Markets.
- You have a 2.75+ GPA
- Degree topics we have seen succeed but not limited to include – Accounting, Law, Mathematics, Finance, Banking, Economics.
- You’re an excellent verbal and written communicator.
- You’re hungry to learn and upskill.
- It’s a bonus if you already have experience working in teams in a collaborative environment.
How it works….
- Apply via the form below. You must have an interest and knowledge in Banking and/or regulation.
- Complete the assessments. You will receive a link to an online assessment, followed by telephone and video interviews.
- Get trained remotely. You’ll learn everything you need to start your career in banking services. Learning from experts from Wiley Edge who have decades of experience, you’ll be taught the technical and soft skills that organizations really need. Training is completely free and there are no hidden costs or catches.
- Work with our careers service to start your career. After the training, you’ll be supported by Wiley Edge’s careers service which will help you connect with opportunities at some of the world’s most exciting companies.
What you’ll learn at Wiley Edge Academy:
- Knowledge of financial markets, trading and financial regulations.
- The inner workings of investment banks, from sales to back office processes.
- The full trade lifecycle; risk; regulation and compliance.
- Business analysis, data analytics and project skills.
- How to recognize and combat the exploitation of financial services companies as a vehicle for specific types of financial crime.
- Excel, VBA, SQL (Visual Basic for Applications), proprietary data processing, reporting tools and applications.
What you’ll get:
- In-depth interactive training in small classes with graduates like you. Our training is created and delivered by industry experts who know your field inside out.
- A generous graduate salary with pay rises every 9 months to reflect your progress.
- A flexible benefit package
- Ongoing training, support and social events throughout your placement.
- An opportunity to kickstart your career and gain valuable experience in an attractive and exciting industry.
At Wiley Edge, our values support courageous teammates, needle movers, and learning champions all while striving to support the health and well-being of all employees. We take great pride in celebrating the diversity of each individual who contributes to making Wiley Edge the company it is today and will be in the future. We value diversity both within Wiley Edge and with our partner companies, and we’re proud to provide an environment where all our colleagues can flourish. That means promoting a strong culture of equality but, most importantly, inclusion.
We are committed to fair, transparent pay, and we strive to provide competitive compensation in addition to a comprehensive benefits package. The base pay rate for this position is $45,000-$50,000 USD. This pay rate represents Wiley Edge’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the base pay for this role at the time of posting and based on the locations listed in the job advertisement. It is anticipated that qualified candidates selected for a placement will receive this pay rate as a starting salary once onsite with the Wiley Edge client, however, the ultimate salary offered for this role may be higher or lower and will be set based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including but not limited to, geographic location, skills, and competencies.
The stated salary and benefits package will be received once the training in the Wiley Edge Academy has been successfully completed and the candidate starts on-site with the Wiley Edge client. Trainees are paid a stipend of $625 USD for a full week of training in the Academy; training durations vary depending on training pathways and will be disclosed during the recruitment process.
All Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. The company will not sponsor applicants for work visas.