The State of Minnesota is looking for a Quality Assurance Specialist for a 2+ year contract to work in a Onsite Hybrid Role. Pay Rate: Negotiable.
- Actively engage in comprehensive reviews of business and functional requirements, as well as application designs.
- Develop and create detailed Test Plans to ensure comprehensive coverage of testing activities.
- Evaluate and decide on the types of testing methodologies to be implemented based on project requirements.
- Design and document test cases to effectively validate system functionalities.
- Clearly identify and communicate test requirements to relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare and organize relevant test data to facilitate efficient and thorough testing processes.
- Execute test cases meticulously to validate the functionality and performance of the system.
- Analyze, report, and actively contribute to troubleshooting and resolving test failures.
- Provide comprehensive reporting on the overall test status, highlighting achievements and challenges.
- Methodically report and log defects identified during the test execution phase.
- Willingly undertake any additional testing tasks as required by the project for comprehensive quality assurance.
- Facilitate the transfer of knowledge within the team, ensuring a seamless understanding of testing processes and methodologies.
- Four (4) years of experience performing IT Quality Assurance and testing functions.
- Three (3) years of experience in Agile SDLC.
- Experience in software Quality Assurance/Quality Control methodologies, process, and technologies with respect to manual, automation, smoke, functional, integration, accessibility, and performance/stress testing areas.
- Proven ability to collaborate, work effectively as part of a team, and establish and maintain working relationships with all levels of stakeholders, business, and technology staff.
- Experience in a development or testing effort built with Bootstrap framework, or ability to relate testing experience in a similar web/mobile development framework
- Experience in manual and automated testing which includes the ability to identify appropriate tests suitable for automation, creating automated tests from scratch, executing automated tests, identifying and correcting errors in automated tests, and reporting on results using tools such as Jira/Xray.
- Experience with program languages and software development technologies such as, JAVA, .NET, and SQL.
- Experience with web services testing with SoapUI using REST and SOAP APIs.
- Experience working with Law Enforcement or Criminal Justice Systems.