At GDIT, our people are our business. We pride ourselves on the work our innovators do to support and secure some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the world. We wouldn’t be successful without our ability to attract new talent to join our team.
What sets a GDIT internship experience apart from other organizations in the industry?
GDIT’s Summer Internship Program is designed with you in mind! Our internship provides you the opportunity to be a part of a collaborative team that is helping to solve our clients’ most challenging matters. Throughout GDIT’s 10-week Summer Internship Program, you will have the opportunity to do the following:
- Work side-by-side with GDIT professionals delivering work for clients.
- Collaborate with a team of peers to research and propose solutions to a current business challenge.
- Participate in a mentoring circle led by an early career champion.
- Interact with GDIT leaders.
- Participate in professional development.
How You’ll Make this Internship Opportunity Your Own
GDIT is seeking a talented Software Developer who is passionate about technology and software applications. This individual must be motivated to deliver innovative capabilities that directly impact some of GDIT’s most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country.
- Assist in researching, designing, developing, and/or modifying enterprise-wide systems and/or software applications
- Assist in designing and coding software components, units, and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules.
- Assist in performing systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Assist in testing and debugging assigned components and units.
- Participates in large system and subsystem planning
- Collaborate with hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems and works with them to resolve incompatibilities working closely with supervision, software development team and customer support team
- Create and modify new and/or existing technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Troubleshoot problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
- Participate in special projects as required
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to build meaningful relationships with manager and members of your team in a remote environment
- Be self-aware enough to identify and correct your mistakes, and not be afraid to ask for help when needed
- Prioritize tasks and responsibilities
- Be active in seeking out ways to develop yourself and gain new knowledge personally and professionally.
- Intuitiveness with an ability to identify and solve complex problems related to rapidly changing technology
- A sense of genuine, intellectual curiosity and a nimble mindset
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Excel, and Teams)
- The Must-Haves
- Currently enrolled in an associate’s, bachelor’s or master’s degree program in computer science, IT, engineering, or other STEM field from a United States-based college or university
- Desire to learn new software languages and technologies