The ideal candidate for this position will work as a member of the Office of Chief Information Officer (OCIO), Round Hill, VA Team and will have experience managing and leading a team providing enterprise Software-as-a-Service solutions across multiple platforms.
- In this position, you will serve as a subject matter expert. Typical assignments include:
- Managing a team of employees in providing Tier 2 and Tier 3 support for multiple software-as-a-service platforms and capabilities.
- Eliciting, documenting, and managing customer and stakeholder requirements related to the services provided under the program’s software-as-a-service platforms.
- Planning and executing multiple projects simultaneously related to enhancing the services provided by OCIO for enterprise software-as-a-service platforms and prioritizing the efforts of the service support team in alignment with the strategic direction of the OCIO.
- Preparing briefs, communications, and materials related to system enhancements and newly released features for multiple different stakeholder communities and briefing stakeholders and leadership on the services, projects, and program functions for the supported systems and platforms to include non-technical Agency program area leadership and senior executives.
- Planning, informing, and consulting leadership on budgetary requirements and how they map to organizational priorities and strategic direction for software-as-a-service offerings.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Selective Service registration required.
- Current federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government credit card.
- To qualify for this position at the GS-14 level (starting salary $132,368), you must possess one full year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-13 level in the Federal government, which has equipped you with the skills needed to successfully perform the duties of the position. Experience may be obtained in the Federal or Private Sector and must demonstrate at least three of the following four specialized experiences:
- Experience managing a Federal IT system as an enterprise service.
- Experience with a recognized solution delivery framework to include project management, systems engineering lifecycle, and Scrum/Agile product management.
- Experience managing COTS/GOTS and software-as-a-service platform.
- Experience interpreting and applying Artificial Intelligence capabilities.
- For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
- Attention to Detail – Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service – Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication – Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving – Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
- Please read the following important information to ensure we have everything we need to consider your application:
- Do not copy and paste the duties, specialized experience, or occupational assessment questionnaire from this announcement into your resume as that will not be considered a demonstration of your qualifications for this position.
- Please limit your resume to five pages. If more than five pages are submitted, only the first five pages will be reviewed to determine your eligibility and qualifications.
- Your resume serves as the basis for experience related qualification determinations, and you must highlight your most relevant and significant work experience and education (if applicable), as it relates to this job opportunity. Please use your own words, be clear, and specific when describing your work history. We cannot make assumptions regarding your experience.