The web support administrator position reports to and support the Senior Webmaster to provide MHS and the DHA stakeholders with a joint, integrated, user-friendly web experience supporting corporate business needs, information delivery to stakeholders, and beneficiary education.
The candidate will work on a cross-functional team to support the DHA Communications Division to provide content management and support of all functional aspects of the TRICARE website serving multiple target audiences including beneficiaries, health care providers, customer service support, vendors, and other stakeholders.
- Provide content management and oversight support of all functional aspects of the TRICARE website across Sitecore and AFPIMS
- Make ongoing content changes to the Tricare.mil website to align with benefit
- Provide content development for the TRICARE sites
- recommend and produce web content to fill in benefit information gaps while maintaining archives of presentations to include a slide, photo and audio/video library; plan and develop social media plans and campaigns
- MTF Website Project Management – planning, task identification and tracking, and stakeholder relationship management, using AFPIMS to manage MTF website content
- MTF Website Maintenance- provide management support to MTF websites and the TRICARE newsroom, creating or adapting web content, and keeping information up-to-date
- Conducting ongoing audits of MTF web content, managing MTF business requirements documentation, managing MTF web change requests, and coordinating web development with DMA
- Make daily/ongoing updates to MTF websites
- Monitoring email inbox(s) and responding to inquiries within four business hours (see core hours), coordinating requests, providing a minimum of two updates each week
- Support and respond to webmaster e-mail inquiries
- Assist in the development, documentation, and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures and the Online Web Content and Design Style Guide for TRICARE.mil.
- Work collaboratively with teams of communication professionals, graphic designers, project managers, and clinical subject matter experts to ensure brand integrity and consistent messaging.
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently, as well as collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team to develop processes, manage day-to-day workload, monitor milestones and deadlines, and provide timely high quality consultative support.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to handle multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment
- Able to interact with leadership as needed
- Familiarity/experience using website content management systems such as Sitecore/AFPIMS/Wordpress
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to obtain a position of Public Trust