Locations: Plano, TX, United States Chicago, IL, United States Wilmington, DE, United States Jersey City, NJ, United States Columbus, OH, United States Atlanta, GA, United States Houston, TX, United States
Apply Before: 01/14/2024, 11:59 PM
Base Pay/Salary: Jersey City,NJ $95,000.00-$125,000.00
Join a dynamic and diverse team that engineers large-scale technology solutions which drive our global business. Through the Emerging Talent Software Engineers cohort, you will have the opportunity to build and optimize digital applications and systems that support millions of customers, clients, and employees worldwide.
We value the unique skills of each employee as we continue to build a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development while offering competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team, tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you!
What to expect by joining the program?
Beginning your journey in the ‘Emerging Talent Software Engineers – April 2024 Cohort’ means you will:
- Start the full-time program alongside a cohort of peers on April 22nd, 2024 with a multi-week induction training that teaches you about our businesses, builds on your knowledge of software development methodologies, and sharpens your professional and technical skills. Please note that in-person attendance is required during induction training on May 6-17, 2024 at our tech centers in Columbus, Jersey City, and Plano. For candidates extended an offer in other locations, travel to these tech centers will be necessary.
- Receive dedicated support for 2 years from an aligned program management team focused on your continued success and career advancement
- Dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that make a difference for our customers, clients, and employees
- Create and improve the design, analytics, coding and testing for high-quality software and new products
- Receive professional development through on-going training, mentorship, and access to senior leaders
- Join an inspiring and curious team of technologists who will support you in developing new skills, experiencing new projects and businesses, and taking your career where you want to go
This is a hybrid opportunity, and you will be required to submit your location preferences on your application. Below are the locations you may select for this program:
- Atlanta, GA
- Chicago, IL
- Columbus, OH
- Jersey City, NJ (New York Metro)
- Plano, TX
- Houston, TX
- Wilmington, DE
We are seeking those who have obtained their foundational technology background in non-traditional ways including, but not limited to, technology bootcamps, workforce development programs and community colleges. All applications will be considered on merit in the order they are received.
We are looking for dynamic individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives and we believe if you’re ready to put your passion for technology to work in a way that makes a real difference, you’ll find your place at JPMorgan Chase.
This opportunity is not for individuals currently enrolled in a full-time college or university program. If you are a current student, please visit jpmorganchase.com/careers to find internships and other full-time opportunities.
Key skills and qualifications we are looking for include:
- Foundational knowledge of object-oriented programming languages (Java, Python, C#)
- Basic understanding of version control systems
- Basic understanding of databases, data structures, unit testing and algorithms
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Exceptional problem-solving ability and analytical skills
- Relevant leadership experience from community organization involvement or previous employment opportunities
To be eligible for this program, you must be authorized to work in the U.S. We do not offer any type of employment-based immigration sponsorship for this program. Likewise, JPMorgan Chase & Co., will not provide any assistance or sign any documentation in support of any other form of immigration sponsorship or benefit including optional practical training (OPT) or curricular practical training (CPT.)
What’s next to apply?
Help us learn about you by submitting a complete and thoughtful application, which must include your resume. Your application and resume are a way for us to initially get to know you, so it’s important to complete all relevant application questions so we have as much information as possible.
After you submit your application, it will be reviewed to determine whether you meet certain required qualifications. If these qualifications are met, you will receive an e-mail invitation to complete a coding challenge, powered by HackerRank. Available coding languages for the HackerRank challenge are Java, Python, and C#. Upon completion of your coding assessment, you will receive an invitation, sent from HireVue, to complete your virtual video interview. This is your opportunity to further bring your application to life and showcase your technical experience and aptitude for our recruiting team. Submissions of both HackerRank and HireVue are required to consider your application complete.
We strongly encourage you to complete the above application elements as soon as possible, as applications will only be reviewed once fully completed. JPMorgan Chase is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that respects all people for their unique skills, backgrounds, and professional experiences. We will provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities.
Should you be selected to progress to the final stage of the application process, you will be invited to participate in a Super Day, which is a mandatory, virtual final interview. You will have the chance to showcase your technical and professional skills during a series of virtual interviews with senior JPMorgan Chase technologists. Super Day final interviews will take place on a rolling basis starting January through early March 2024.