We are seeking a proficient Communications Specialist. This is an integral role responsible for planning, developing, and implementing comprehensive communication strategies, enabling standardized research, analytical support, collaboration, and facilitation of transparent and data-driven decisions.
The right candidate for this role will thrive in a team environment, possess excellent communications skills (both oral & written), and strong interpersonal skills and is a self-starter.
- Key focus areas are Communication Strategy development and execution, communication management, Stakeholder management, Content development, and Digital and Social Media management
- Develop and implement a mature communication strategy that includes media outreach and social media content creation.
- Develop and Implement effective Internal and External communications to facilitate seamless collaboration and knowledge sharing and to improve the branch’s external communications by developing targeted content, engaging stakeholders, and promoting the branch’s expertise and achievements.
- Prepare articles for publication in Weekly and Monday Minute Analytics publications.
- Contribute towards enhancement of knowledge management Intranet/SharePoint sites as requested to ensure efficient information sharing, organization, and retrieval.
- Enable dissemination of strategic communications about analytics methodologies and findings within the Agency
- Create engaging and informative content (e.g., blog posts, case studies, white papers) to showcase the branch’s expertise, projects, and achievements.
- Implement communication channels (e.g., email newsletters, instant messaging tools, intranet) to disseminate information, announcements, and updates.
- Acquire and maintain a detailed knowledge of policies, principles, and strategies, and keep current with relevant developments.
- Provide support for coordinating summits, workgroups, meetings, and plan events.
- Adhere to style guide, ensuring that we produce a high-quality and error-free copy.
- Collaborate with key internal role-players to brainstorm ideas, in line with the strategy and in support of various initiatives.
- Support and evaluate results of communication campaigns with the team.
- Coordinate and facilitate regular virtual or in-person meetings to encourage cross-functional collaboration and information exchange. Build and maintain relationships with internal and key external customers.
- Organize knowledge sharing sessions, workshops, or webinars to promote continuous learning and professional development.
- Manage the branch’s social media accounts and develop a content calendar for regular posts and updates. Monitor and analyze website and social media analytics to measure the effectiveness of communication efforts.
- Coordinate with stakeholders, partners, and clients to gather testimonials, success stories, and other relevant content.
- Respond to inquiries, comments, and feedback received through various communication channels in a timely and professional manner.
- May provide training and support to branch members on how to effectively use the website.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Marketing, Science, or a related field
- 5-8 years of relevant experience in similar role, preferably in the public sector or government agency
- Client engagement experience strongly desired including experience working directly with senior leaders/managers and effectively managing stakeholder expectations
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Proficient in verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent Time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks effectively