Location: Greater Ft. Meade, MD
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Systems Engineer to join our team! In this role, you will get to provide support services to the Data Flow and Routing Solutions (DFRS) systems engineering team. Required support includes customer service, dataflow paths, organize dataflow implementation, identify ways to improve dataflow implementation and modernization efforts, and prioritize the customer’s needs based on larger strategic priorities.
- Identify and establish new processes and procedures (modernization efforts, process improvement…) and have excellent customer service skills.
- Data tagging, data formats, data sanitization, data sharing rules/criteria, general dataflow knowledge and troubleshooting.
- Provide support to manage the process of dataflow requests. This includes customer and service provider support/interaction and learning the customer need and how it fits into the larger picture.
- Measure and monitor metrics, identify trends, discover areas for process improvement, document deficient resourcing, and report standings and finding to management and other stakeholders.
- Provide support to technical leaders by coordinating activities pertaining to the development, documentation and maintenance associated with changes to the system.
- Support also includes leading customer and service provider meetings, setting agendas, taking meeting notes, maintaining process documents, describing complex information in simple terms so people who are not experts can understand.
- Research and document dataflow processes according to standards of compliance in support of the Enterprise Data Header (EDH) initiatives. Support will include research, analysis, documentation, and integration of how data can be identified, protected, tracked and handled throughout its life cycle.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related discipline and at least 2 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s or PhD Degree may be substituted for the two years of experience. Note: a High School Diploma or GED plus 6 years of systems engineering experience is also acceptable.
- This Position requires TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- Experience in data tagging, data formats, data sanitization, data sharing rules/criteria, and general dataflow knowledge.
- Ability to work constructively and successfully with diverse stakeholders to resolve mission and technical issues is critical.
- A self-starter, have a high level of attention to detail, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and be proficient with Microsoft Office Tools.
- Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
- Top Secret SCI w/Polygraph
- This position is part of our Federal Solutions team.