The ideal candidate will have experience developing and maintaining data management solutions and services to support data analytics. They will have an understanding of data principles and use this knowledge by serving as a data steward coordinating and implementing data initiatives. This position starts at a salary of $121,873 (GS-13). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Region 9 team within FEMA.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee’s official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as the IT Specialist (Data Management) within the Data Analytics Branch for Region 9. They will develop and maintain data management solutions, capabilities, and services to support data analytics, and will serve as a data steward for coordinating and implementing numerous data initiatives currently underway across FEMA.
Typical assignments include:
Providing technical expertise in developing and supporting Microsoft Power Platform (MPP) strategies, designs, and solutions to meet a variety of business needs.
Conveying findings to leadership by providing expert technical advice, guidance and recommendations to management and other technical specialists on critical data issues and on new technology developments related to databases and data analytics.
Leading the analytics team in the development of technical tools to improve internal processes, such as by automating manual procedures, creating custom data tools, and applying data management best practices.
Serving as a data steward for FEMA Region 9, coordinates data governance initiatives including data policy, data management, and data quality initiatives with stakeholders across the region and agency.
Communicating highly technical information to a technical or non-technical audience.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Selective Service registration required.
- Current federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government credit card.
- Please review “Other Information” section for additional key requirements.
- Performing a variety of work involving data integration functions that include developing, testing and supporting Extract / Transform / Load (ETL) routines and web services; and
- Designing, developing, and maintaining databases. Producing database design schema for integrating source data into data management systems; and
- Developing, implementing, and administering a data architecture using the Microsoft Power Platform for an agency or company with a diverse set of stakeholders (e.g., mission-critical or with enterprise-wide impact) that meet technical and functional requirements.
- Attention to Detail – Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service – Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication – Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving – Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.