The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and will be able to support, implement and manage FEMA’s IT Systems Infrastructure.
- In this position, you will be supporting FEMA’s, Office of Response and Recovery, Recovery Directorate, Technology Programs Division, Product Support Branch as an IT Specialist. Typical assignments include:
- Monitor and review software lifecycle and technical debt of an operational information system.
- Develops risk mitigation strategies and reports anomalies.
- Contribute to and review contract Statements of Objectives (SOO), Statements of Work (SOW), and Performance Work Statements (PWS)
- Assist ISSO(s) and System Manager(s) with conducting and documenting system risk assessments, including scheduling and facilitating meetings, documenting meeting outcomes and producing meeting notes, tracking the assignment and completion of risk assessment activities, and compiling information from various sources required to prepare reports and communications on behalf of the System Manager(s).
- Support and facilitate IT system change and configuration management activities, including coordinating and facilitating system change/configuration control reviews, tracking the assignment and completion of work through standard change management processes, and documenting authorized changes to the system configuration baseline.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to be considered for this position.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Travel may be required.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government credit card.
- Selective service registration is required for males born after 12/31/59.
- You qualify for this position at the IC-09 level (starting salary $61,957) if you possess the following: One full year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (IC-07) in the Federal Service. This experience may have been gained in the federal government, a state or local government, a non-profit organization, the private sector, or as a volunteer; however, your resume must clearly describe at least one year of the following specialized experience:
- Monitoring IT system performance and/or management risks.
- Compiling information to complete system health reports.
- Combination of education and experience
- You qualify for this position at the IC-11 level (starting salary $74,961) if you possess the following: One full year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (IC-09) in the Federal Service. This experience may have been gained in the federal government, a state or local government, a non-profit organization, the private sector, or as a volunteer; however, your resume must clearly describe at least one year of the following specialized experience:
- Utilizing IT applications, operating systems, protocols, or equipment to provide automation support to customers;
- Providing customer support to resolve IT related issues; and
- Evaluating or implementing alternate approaches to IT-based problems.
- Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree; or
- 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree;