Application Deadline: October 9, 2023
Role: Vaccine Customer Representative (VCR)
Location: The ideal location to reside is within this territory. Travel (%) varies based on candidate’s location within the geography, estimated to be around 25% overnight.
Merck has joined OneTen, a coalition of leading executives and their companies who came together to upskill, hire and promote one million Black Talent in American over the next 10 years who do not have a four-year degree into family-sustaining jobs.
The Vaccine Customer Representative (VCR) supports customers by providing clinical information on our company’s vaccines, as well as education and resources. The Vaccine Customer Representative (VCR) is the primary point of contact for a variety of customers within their assigned geography. These customers may include health care providers such as physicians, nurses, pharmacists as well as quality directors, immunization managers, and office managers.
- Engage in balanced product sales presentations with Health Care Providers and Health Care Business Professionals to align customer needs and our company’s vaccine attributes in accordance with product labeling, and CDC and professional society recommendations.
- Provide company Vaccine management with updates on customer needs as it relates to helping them improve patient health outcomes, customer feedback, marketplace dynamics, and progress towards quality goals.
- Provide customers with key insights by keeping apprised of professional and health care environment knowledge.
- Utilize analytical skills and tools to engage customers in quarterly business reviews.
- Assist customers with education to improve their organization’s immunization rates.
- Develop a territory level business plan that focuses on improving immunization rates with assigned customers in accordance with our company’s policies, standards, and ethics.
- Maintain product knowledge and certification on the entire company vaccine portfolio along with knowledge of the CDC immunization schedule for both pediatric and adult vaccines.
- Acts as primary point of contact for the customer, meet with key customers/personnel to maintain understanding of their current practice structure, business model, and key influencers (Managed Care Organization/payers, employers, state policy), and their patients’ needs.
- Understand customer’s business climate, assess overall market potential, identify and prioritize unique opportunities and business risks in local markets, develop territory plans and follow up to drive business results in assigned geography or market.
- Coordinate with our company’s customer team (Account Executives, Integrated Delivery System team, Solutions support teams, etc.) to outline customer strategy for interactions/relationships aimed at improving immunization rates.
- High school diploma
- At least 4 years of professional work experience including sales, marketing, military or healthcare/scientific field that is not sales related (pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical devices)
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Understanding of marketing, sales, or support functions and operations
- Vaccines experience preferred
Please complete this form and email a .DOCX or .PDF attachment of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Merck – Vaccine Customer Representative