Visit an industry-backed data GitHub profile: GitHub Profile Sample
Use the following criteria to develop your GitHub profile. The same criteria will be used when providing feedback.
GitHub Profile Criteria
- A personalized photo or image (something other than the default identicon).
- Email or other contact info is listed.
- A descriptive tagline, e.g. “Data analyst working primarily in Python.”
Clean, Well-organized Repositories
- Each repository contains one project.
- Each repository has a working code.
- The code is organized into an appropriate directory structure (each repo contains at least one folder).
- Each repository is appropriately named (i.e. Austin Weather Analysis vs. homework12).
- Each repository has a descriptive tagline.
- Variables are clear.
- Code uses appropriate white spacing, e.g. indentation.
- Jupyter Notebook files contain comments and headings.
Code Follows Technical Standards
- Clean code.
- Repository contains .gitignore files when necessary.
- At least 5 commits per repository.
- Regular activity, including continued activity at least once per week after graduation.
- No profanity in commit history.
- Meaningful commit messages.
Project Focused READMEs
- Each project contains a README file. Those that do not should be hidden.
- Clearly states the problem the project is trying to solve.
- Screenshots of the data collected and explanations as to why the data is displayed this way.
Correct Grammar, Spelling, & Punctuation
- Consistent punctuation throughout.
- No grammar errors or spelling errors.