Competitive LinkedIn Profile
Your LinkedIn profile is your chance to impress an employer with your skills and accomplishments. An employer-ready profile reflects your personal brand, demonstrates your accomplishments, and showcases your professional interests.
Compelling introductory information.
- Professional profile photo.
- Customized background image.
- Up to date contact information (email).
- Catchy headline that incorporates your target role.
- Clear summary statement that speaks to your experience, background, and professional qualifications.
Clear experience and education section.
- Experience listed in reverse chronological order with job title, job description, company name, city and state/province, and dates of employment.
- Experience section includes accomplishments – not just job duties.
- Education section in reverse chronological order and includes your program listed.
Skills, recommendations, accomplishments and interests sections provide a fuller picture of who you are.
- At least 20 skills, both technical and transferable.
- At least 2-4 recommendations that attest to your skill set and work ethic.
- At least 2-3 projects highlighted, with working links.
- At least 20 interests displayed, with a mix of personal and professional interests.
No spelling or grammar errors.
- All spelling is accurate with consistent punctuation.
- Tone consistent throughout.
- All links are working.
Note: You can customize your LinkedIn URL. In the upper-right corner of your profile, you’ll see and can click “Edit public profile and URL.” This is your chance to personalize your URL, which will make you easier to find through Google or Bing.