After creating your brand statement, you can adapt it for your CV or resume summary, LinkedIn summary, and portfolio biography. Please see examples of the brand statement and its adaptations below.
- Can be in first person or without pronouns; best to avoid third person.
- Use your brand statement as a diving board to help you build your CV or resume summary, LinkedIn summary, and portfolio biography (examples listed below).
Brand Statement Example 1 (without pronouns)
Brand Statement Example 2
Brand Statement Example 3
- Must not include pronouns.
- Omit details listed elsewhere on the CV or resume for conciseness (e.g., education, a full list of technical skills, specific achievements or projects). The exception to this is if you want to emphasize a qualification, such as a recent completed program, at the top of the CV or resume.
Front-end web developer with a background in psychology. Trained at [school name] coding boot camp and earned a certificate in full-stack web development. Innovative problem-solver passionate about developing apps; focused on mobile-first design and development. Strengths in creativity, teamwork, and building projects from ideation to execution.
Passionate and solutions-driven full stack web developer with a web development certificate from [school name]. Experience in 3D design utilizing a combination of strong communication, collaboration, problem-solving, and analytical skills. Strong ability to design, build, and maintain websites from conception to production. Ability to work in a fast-paced and diverse team environment developing solutions and exceeding expectations.
LinkedIn Summary (“About” Section)
- More similar to the brand statement than to the summary.
- First person is ideal, but omitting all pronouns is okay. Third person should be avoided, since it can sound awkward.
- Flexibility in formatting. This content can be expanded if desired but should avoid listing every detail about your experience, skills, etc., since those are listed in sections underneath.
- Might include an invitation to connect at the end.
As an innovative problem-solver passionate about developing apps, my current focus is on mobile-first design and development. Since completing the bootcamp, I have continued my studies independently to learn more about iOS and Android development.
I bring the following to every project:
- Problem-solving skills and perseverance
- Creativity and design fundamentals from a minor in graphic design
- Dedication to teamwork and flexible collaboration
- A foundational knowledge of agile software development principles
- A basic understanding of UX/UI principles
I’m excited to leverage my skills as part of a fast-paced, quality-driven team. Let’s connect!
LinkedIn instructions on adding bullets and links to your profile: https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/1237/formatting-text-or-adding-links?lang=en